Skip to main content

Train Encounter(Chap-8)

Train Encounter
Chapter-8
"Arrival"


Shalini was a little too engulfed in her memories. She was brought back by the monotonous voice of the announcer...

"May I have your attention please. Train no. 2860 Howrah-Mumbai Geetanjali Express has arrived on platform no.4"

"Shalu!! Hurry up!! The train is here!" Mr. Sharma was in a hurry.

Shalini quickly recollected herself and hurried up to the coach which was in front of her...

"Thats not s4!!" Mr. Sharma shouted from outside.

"Oh.. sorry!!" Shalini was in a hurry to get down when she got a glimpse of something... something which came and went away so fast in front of her eyes, yet it seemed like she had recognised it.

"Shalu!! What are you waiting for? come'on!!"

"Yes Papa."

With a hitch in mind Shalini boarded s4 and with a pounding heart, went near her seat,43.

She had reserved her seat on an upper berth cause she loved to enjoy an uper berth journey. That meaned that the person, would be seating on 44, lower berth just opposite to her's.

"Look Shalu!!, don't take any food from strangers, Ramesh uncle will recieve you in mumbai, and I'll be reaching there as soon as I sum up my work over here..."

"Yes papa"

"Don't be afraid since you are travelling alone for the first time, these train journyes are too much exiting!! You make aquintances with new persons, there faith, culture, that's necessary for your further life..."

The words hardly fell onto her ears because she was occupied by the thought that who might come on the seat in front of her. The person who has disturbed her peace of mind for more than one month...the person who has become the topic of her everytime discussion but still about whom she hasn't told anyone yet!!

The seat was empty, the rest of the seats were taken by a family who were continuously chatting among themselves... Shalini had a tremendous urge to ask one of them that if the person has ever come to his seat till now, but she suddenly remembered that her father was still sitting there.

"So" Mr. Sharma said after a long pause,"Everything Allright?"

Shalini would have been equally happy if she could say that truely, but she said
"Yes Papa"

The train gave a jolt to announe that it is in a perfect mood to leave, Mr. sharma gave Shalini a warm hug and said

"I am proud of you! Call me as soon as you reach there, Ramesh uncle will be at the station, Take care..."

Shalini sat breathlessly and waited for the time to come, she was still confused to how she would react when 'he' will come but now she couldn't wait any long!!

The Train left Tatanagar station & went on in smooth pace... the time was inching closer, Shalini could feel the excitement rising, she restlessly took out a book and started reading, but within a minute she realised that not a single word was going into her mind!!

The train stopped at the next station "Adityapur". And Shalini heard a well known jingle from the inside of her purse.

"A SMS!!" Shalini's heart pounded,

She took out to see that the message said
"Could You Please Come near the gate?"

The message must have been sent a bit earlier, but she couldn't get it because there was no signal in the running train!!

Shalini stood up! And slowly started moving towards the craziest thing she could ever imajine...

Comments

Ice.Fire said…
hey hun... I repied to your comment on my blog... so plz do check..
I love the way this is goin!!! but do hurry up and tell me what happens next... the suspence is killing me!!!!!
By the way how did your english exam go?

Popular posts from this blog

Train Encounter(Chap-10)

Train Encounter Chapter-10 Epilogue "Truth is stranger than fiction" I've heard this many a times from many of my friends, but never got a chance to verify it. This July (I mean july2006) when I was on my way back to my college in Nagpur, I was struck for 6 hours at Tatanagar station, I didn't have the slightest idea that I'll get to face one of my life's most interesting moments. Yes, dear reader!! What you just got through last 9 chapters actually happened to be my fellow co-passenger!! I came to know about her problems when I had started chatting with her when I knew that she too was going in the same train. She didn't want to tell this "weird" incident to me at first, thinking that I won't believe her, but then told at last. I was awestruck when she told me that the person was going to meet her that very day!! Well anyone can guess what amazement did I pass when the person turned out to be her Boyfriend!! I just asked them if I could wr

Close Apart (Chap-3)

Close Apart Chapter-3 “Lamb Delight” “Lamb Delight!! Wow, that was some order!” recalled Aditya. Actually, it was about a few months earlier that Manish, a colleague of Aditya tried to hook him up with a girl named Suneeta, who, Manish claimed was one of his girlfriend’s friend. So! On the preplanned Saturday night, Aditya came to this very place and met her. “She was gorgeous!” was Aditya’s first reaction and after a very short stretch of time Aditya started liking everything about her. And when Aditya knew that she was a little bit interested about computer softwares, then it made feel like: “look! Didn’t I tell you earlier? Gorgeous girls like softwares!!” Aditya had this (Well, used to have) symptom of being completely speechless near girls. So he tried to make his order speak of his feelings and he ordered a couple of “Lamb Delights!” Just after the waiter left, Suneeta turned to him and said “Do you know what they have in these?” Aditya was thinking to ask about what she was ref