Skip to main content

Close Apart (Chapter-20)

Close Apart

Chapter -20

“Crack Down”

<<“Of course I am! But we take frequent trainings about the latest upgrades; as for example, I have just returned from training in the states and will go to receive training about these new rack servers.”>>

Aditya was listening to the recorded conversations that Komal has brought with her.

<<“Well thank you Mr. Bakshi, we are very much impressed from the view we saw here! Thanks a lot for the walkthrough!”>>

As Aditya finished listening the interview, his face got lighted up!

“What happened?” Asked Komal, “Did you get anything useful?”


“I don’t know yet, but wait, let me hear it once again. Would you guys please leave alone for sometime?”

As Aditya got busy with the tape and his laptop, Komal & Manish hung out in the balcony.

“Thanks a lot Komal!”


“You need not say that! Pulling out Aditya from this case is really important, plus …”


“I wasn’t referring to that topic.”


“Then?”


“I was thanking you for pulling Aditya out from his hopeless condition.”


Komal Blushed, she had been caught red handed in a case which wouldn’t let her plea for “Not-guilty”


“Let me tell you Manish, I’ve been through relationship problems very recently, and I don’t want any haste this time, so I would really appreciate if you don’t break this news in front of him!”


“I won’t, you can trust me, but let me tell you something, you were always my first choice for Aditya!”


“Although you didn’t know my name then!”


Almost exactly, Aditya rushed out of the room.


“Komal, Manish! Look what I’ve found!”


They followed him to his room; Aditya played back the tape with the conversation.


<< “we previously used Dell Power Edge 1955 blade servers here, until a month ago, when they were replaced by the latest Dell Power Edge 2950 Rack servers. These new servers are extremely compact but on the same time has large storage capacities.”>>


“And now listen to this…”


<< “I have just returned from training in the states and will go to receive training about these new rack servers.”>>


Aditya looked towards both of them with glowing eyes…


“It seems like there’s something very important there, but what is it?” Komal was freaking out!


“The first problem started in the council’s server about a month ago; it was the time when Mr. Bakshi was on training. And surprisingly, it was the time when the blade servers were replaced by the rack servers…”


Manish got it from there,


“Mr. Bakshi must’ve done some configuration earlier in the blade servers which allowed him to transfer data to his associates. When the servers were changed the configurations were changed back automatically, which caused in the program crash, and when Mr. Bakshi came back, he must have changed the configuration! But how we are going to prove this?”


Aditya turned his laptop towards Manish; the webpage that flashed framed in the internet explorer window was a complete technical description of the Rack servers which the council is currently using.


“Thanks to Dell, the Power Edge 2950 servers have a emergency backup storage, this records and keeps vivid logs of all the changes that’s been done to the server configuration up to date with the access codes, if somehow I get to reach this backup drive, then I can prove that Mr. Bakshi, has used his access codes to modify the server configuration with date…”


“But Aditya, how do you know that he hasn’t erased or modified that too?”


“I am guessing that he wouldn’t have done that, keeping in mind that this feature is new in these servers and he hasn’t got the training about them yet!!”


Aditya and Manish hugged each other in excitement! Finally they visualized a way out of the mess. But right then, Komal hit them back with a hard fact.


“But how will Aditya reach to the backup Drive?”

Comments

Anonymous said…
quite interesting! A bit like Sherlock Holmes stories, but we do not yet know its genre.
Anonymous said…
Wow! I was searching for some hacking stuff, but it seems like first i've to finish reading ur story upto here!!

Popular posts from this blog

Train Encounter(Chap-10)

Train Encounter Chapter-10 Epilogue "Truth is stranger than fiction" I've heard this many a times from many of my friends, but never got a chance to verify it. This July (I mean july2006) when I was on my way back to my college in Nagpur, I was struck for 6 hours at Tatanagar station, I didn't have the slightest idea that I'll get to face one of my life's most interesting moments. Yes, dear reader!! What you just got through last 9 chapters actually happened to be my fellow co-passenger!! I came to know about her problems when I had started chatting with her when I knew that she too was going in the same train. She didn't want to tell this "weird" incident to me at first, thinking that I won't believe her, but then told at last. I was awestruck when she told me that the person was going to meet her that very day!! Well anyone can guess what amazement did I pass when the person turned out to be her Boyfriend!! I just asked them if I could wr

Close Apart (Chap-3)

Close Apart Chapter-3 “Lamb Delight” “Lamb Delight!! Wow, that was some order!” recalled Aditya. Actually, it was about a few months earlier that Manish, a colleague of Aditya tried to hook him up with a girl named Suneeta, who, Manish claimed was one of his girlfriend’s friend. So! On the preplanned Saturday night, Aditya came to this very place and met her. “She was gorgeous!” was Aditya’s first reaction and after a very short stretch of time Aditya started liking everything about her. And when Aditya knew that she was a little bit interested about computer softwares, then it made feel like: “look! Didn’t I tell you earlier? Gorgeous girls like softwares!!” Aditya had this (Well, used to have) symptom of being completely speechless near girls. So he tried to make his order speak of his feelings and he ordered a couple of “Lamb Delights!” Just after the waiter left, Suneeta turned to him and said “Do you know what they have in these?” Aditya was thinking to ask about what she was ref