Skip to main content

Close Apart (Chapter-2)

Close Apart
Chapter – 2
“They meet…”

“British Council, 5:00 pm, Hmm”

The reason Aditya was thinking so much that day, because meeting Amrita at 5’o clock would mean that he would have to leave his office half an hour ago than his usual time. And that would mean that he’ll have to take this matter to his manager’s concern.

“At 5:00!! What for? “

“Actually I have an appointment… with my… Dentist.”

God knows why Dentists get involved in these appointments!!

So, there he was! Out of his office, half an hour earlier than usual.Aditya was feeling a little uneasy. Actually he was never comfortable with girls. An issue which was of a major concern for his fellow colleagues. Many a times his friends have arranged blind dates for him, but all in vain!!

But this time it is little different. Anyone who had known Aditya would have gone through a major shock viewing him talk to a girl, but Aditya knew he had a header here.

Actually, Amrita was in the same class, in which Aditya used to study…

“So you’re here!” Amrita said as she saw Aditya looking for her.

“Sorry I am late! Actually my office …”

“Eh… we can’t stand here and talk!! We need to…”But before Amrita could possibly gather her words, Aditya proposed.

Hey!! Wait a second! Don’t presume so much! At least listen to he has to say…

“Actually I was thinking if we could have some coke in Pizza Hut, it’s just round the corner and in the mean time I can solve the whole mystery.”

Let me tell you, this is exactly not the usual “Aditya” talking!

“What mystery?” enquired Amrita.

“About me… I bet you must be thinking all this time, who I am.”

“Actually I remain too busy to think anything, but yes!”

“So I rescue you from this situation, to tell you that I am Aditya Mehra, we studied together in Dayanand Vidya Mandir. So you see? We’re classmates!!”

“That’s so enlightening!” said Amrita as they took seats inside Pizza Hut.

“Yes I remember now! Aditya, the geek guy!!” said Amrita

“Stop that now! So what’s your story?”

“Nothing special ! Finished my schooling, did B.A. English , and got this job on reference of one of my father’s friend.” Said Amrita

“Now! Who could have guessed that they give jobs in British Council on reference!!” teased Aditya.

“Excuse Me! I had to pass through all the requiting procedure to get in!!” resented Amrita.

“Excuse me! May I have your orders please?” the waiter arrived at last.

“Two regular pizzas with cokes!!” Aditya made his usual order.

“What! Regular? We have met after so many days! That calls for something more… make it a couple of “lamb delight with sejwan sauce.”

Aditya wouldn’t mind a little excess in his daily expenditure (At least I wouldn’t have!).

Comments

Anonymous said…
The beginning raises great expectations;well, let us see.....
Ice.Fire said…
hey... good 2nd chapter.

Popular posts from this blog

Train Encounter(Chap-10)

Train Encounter Chapter-10 Epilogue "Truth is stranger than fiction" I've heard this many a times from many of my friends, but never got a chance to verify it. This July (I mean july2006) when I was on my way back to my college in Nagpur, I was struck for 6 hours at Tatanagar station, I didn't have the slightest idea that I'll get to face one of my life's most interesting moments. Yes, dear reader!! What you just got through last 9 chapters actually happened to be my fellow co-passenger!! I came to know about her problems when I had started chatting with her when I knew that she too was going in the same train. She didn't want to tell this "weird" incident to me at first, thinking that I won't believe her, but then told at last. I was awestruck when she told me that the person was going to meet her that very day!! Well anyone can guess what amazement did I pass when the person turned out to be her Boyfriend!! I just asked them if I could wr

Close Apart (Chap-3)

Close Apart Chapter-3 “Lamb Delight” “Lamb Delight!! Wow, that was some order!” recalled Aditya. Actually, it was about a few months earlier that Manish, a colleague of Aditya tried to hook him up with a girl named Suneeta, who, Manish claimed was one of his girlfriend’s friend. So! On the preplanned Saturday night, Aditya came to this very place and met her. “She was gorgeous!” was Aditya’s first reaction and after a very short stretch of time Aditya started liking everything about her. And when Aditya knew that she was a little bit interested about computer softwares, then it made feel like: “look! Didn’t I tell you earlier? Gorgeous girls like softwares!!” Aditya had this (Well, used to have) symptom of being completely speechless near girls. So he tried to make his order speak of his feelings and he ordered a couple of “Lamb Delights!” Just after the waiter left, Suneeta turned to him and said “Do you know what they have in these?” Aditya was thinking to ask about what she was ref