Skip to main content

Close Apart(Chapter-1)

Close Apart
Chapter-1
“Meet them…”

“That’ll be 40 rupees sir…”
“Here you are thanks.”
And Aditya stepped out on the busy streets of Kolkata. As in any other normal day, he took the tram to reach to his office at Camac Street. He worked as a software consultant in a company named Soft tech in Chatterjee International building, and like any other boss, his too didn’t like latecomers!!

“Camac Street!!” the conductor said in lazy tone.

Aditya’s office was just a short walk away from there, and like any other normal day it would have taken exactly 5 minutes for him to reach his office, but fate had something else in his mind.
Just when he was crossing the street, his eye fell on a girl who was too crossing the street with him.

I would personally like to clarify here; Aditya is not that kind of guy who’ll just approach some girl for a friendly talk or something of that sort!! Not now, not during his days of schooling in Dayanand Vidya Mandir in Ahmedabad. He was famous as the geek guy of his school. But let’s not change the topic.
So as soon as he noticed this girl, he went near her and said
“Excuse Me, Amrita?”


************************************


“God!! I’ll be damn late today!!” hushed Amrita as she hurried to the tram,
“I wonder how the manager will react if he finds the receptionist of the British Council not at her desk!”

She’s usually never late to her work, but today! It was a mess. First the Alarm Clock decided to die just an hour before the morning sun scheduled to spread her rays. Then it was the Microwave, which mysteriously resettled the timer each time she fixed it! Then it was the shower… no, not actually the shower but the pump which anonymously pulls water everyday felt to resent in its unique style…stop!!

So, there she was. Trying hard to run as fast as she could bearing the constant pain the she felt due to her high heels.
Just when she was about to reach the other side of the street, a voice startled her from side,

“Excuse Me, Amrita?”

She gave a hurried look at her side to locate the person who called her. She saw a middle stature man with a friendly smile looking towards her. Amrita tried hard to recognize the person. She had this amazing capability of forgetting her acquaintances, but that’s a different story. Today she just prayed that she won’t be caught by her superior. She hurriedly took out her notepad, scribbled her office address, and handed it to Aditya, saying,

“Sorry I am too late; meet me here at 5:00 pm.”

Comments

Ice.Fire said…
hey hun... nice to know u finaly posted a story...
i wonder how he knows her....?
x

Popular posts from this blog

Train Encounter(Chap-10)

Train Encounter Chapter-10 Epilogue "Truth is stranger than fiction" I've heard this many a times from many of my friends, but never got a chance to verify it. This July (I mean july2006) when I was on my way back to my college in Nagpur, I was struck for 6 hours at Tatanagar station, I didn't have the slightest idea that I'll get to face one of my life's most interesting moments. Yes, dear reader!! What you just got through last 9 chapters actually happened to be my fellow co-passenger!! I came to know about her problems when I had started chatting with her when I knew that she too was going in the same train. She didn't want to tell this "weird" incident to me at first, thinking that I won't believe her, but then told at last. I was awestruck when she told me that the person was going to meet her that very day!! Well anyone can guess what amazement did I pass when the person turned out to be her Boyfriend!! I just asked them if I could wr

Close Apart (Chap-3)

Close Apart Chapter-3 “Lamb Delight” “Lamb Delight!! Wow, that was some order!” recalled Aditya. Actually, it was about a few months earlier that Manish, a colleague of Aditya tried to hook him up with a girl named Suneeta, who, Manish claimed was one of his girlfriend’s friend. So! On the preplanned Saturday night, Aditya came to this very place and met her. “She was gorgeous!” was Aditya’s first reaction and after a very short stretch of time Aditya started liking everything about her. And when Aditya knew that she was a little bit interested about computer softwares, then it made feel like: “look! Didn’t I tell you earlier? Gorgeous girls like softwares!!” Aditya had this (Well, used to have) symptom of being completely speechless near girls. So he tried to make his order speak of his feelings and he ordered a couple of “Lamb Delights!” Just after the waiter left, Suneeta turned to him and said “Do you know what they have in these?” Aditya was thinking to ask about what she was ref