Skip to main content

Close Apart (Chapter-18)

Close Apart

Chapter-18

“Behind Bars”

“It’s all my fault!”


Aditya was kept in the police lockup for the entire night before Manish went there and bailed him out.


“No Aditya!” Komal was right there, “You didn’t hack their server. Someone’s setting you up!”


“There is no way I can prove this! They have infected their server with the same Trojan that I used to chat with Amrita! I even performed a port scan on their network; they must be having a backup of that too. I’ve ruined my own life! And only mine but your dad’s too. He’ll be charged too for not controlling unusual activities.” Aditya had hit the rock bottom.


Komal went near him, took Aditya’s hand in hers and said


“You’re not going to give up so soon”


Aditya looked up. He felt the assuring touch on his hands, he said.


“I know what I’ve to do. I’ll take all the charges on my account. That’ll take the heat off the company.”


“What are you saying!” Manish almost yelled at Aditya.


“Do you have any idea what this may land you into? A minimum sentence for three years plus fine. Your life will be over!”


“What is left in it Manish? It’s a known fact that Amrita is no more! No, don’t try to contradict me. Everything’s fine now, people of riot affected areas are coming back to their places. I can sense that she’s no more! What else do I have?”


“You have me!” Aditya gave Komal a weird look, “I mean us! You’ve got your friends and parents to live to. Come on, thereought to be a way to prove that you didn’t hack it!”


“Only if I could have some information about their servers. They used Dell’s Pledge Blade servers when I previously went there, almost a year ago. But very recently they upgraded their servers to rack servers, also from Dell. If only I could get the technical specifications of these servers that they are using then I may come up with an alternative…”


“I can do that for you!” there was a sparkle in Komal’s eyes.


“How?”


“Maybe the news paper that I work for is interested about these specifications…”


“This won’t be easy Komal; you will get only one shot! And if anything wrong happens, then your cover will be blown!”


“Don’t worry Aditya! I’m a natural in investigative journalism!”


“We have to do it fast, the hearing’s on Thursday, which leaves us with only four days!” Manish said.


“But Promise me Aditya! Never again will you tell that you’ve got nothing left! I’m here for you!”


Aditya looked in the moist eyes of Komal

“Never!” he said “I promise, you’ve given me the reason to live…”

Ambiance Track

Switchfoot- Meant to live


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close Apart (Chapter-32)

Close Apart Chapter-32 “Shopping Day” Amrita took Komal for her wedding day shopping! Komal tried a lot to dodge Amrita but then she was not so resourceful when it came to denying someone. “Look, all my life I’ve been either studying or working, actually I didn’t get real time to dress-up or to party around. So I am what you’ll call a fashion disaster” confessed Amrita. “Don’t worry! I’ll Help You out! You won’t be a fashion disaster on your wedding day.” Komal smiled and replied. After sometime, Amrita was lining up in front of the trial room while holding few dazzling dresses. “I know the decision was a bit hasty, but after so many days without him, I don’t have the patience of staying away anymore! I know, you must be thinking that getting married in a registrar’s office is such a boring thing to do, but for me the companionship is much more important than a fancy wedding! And even Aditya seems to be quite supportive about this.” Amrita finished as she went in one of the trial room...
Close Apart Chapter-16 (Untitled) Aditya wasn’t at all recovering from his sad state of mind. He made numerous efforts to track down information about Amrita & her family, but nothing useful came up. Manish was concerned about his friend’s wellbeing, and so he called up Komal and cleared all the confusion that they were having. It was Sunday morning; Aditya got a call from Komal. “Hi!” “Hi…” “What are you doing today?” “You mean this afternoon?” “I meant now!” “Well, nothing actually!” “Then we can meet…” “Look Komal, I am actually not in a mood to…” “Moods, as they say, are made… and not imposed!” “That was exactly what I intended to remind you…” “Great! Then see you in half an hour at Pizza Hut!” “I guess I don’t have any choice…” Aditya knew he would have to get up from his bed and get ready if he wanted to be there on time, but he sulked. World has changed from what it used to be a few days earlier, and he didn’t feel a thing about it that’s left to live for… ******************...

Close Apart (Chapter-19)

Close Apart Chapter-19 “The British Council Mystery (Part-II)” “Komal you don’t have to do this!” “Trust me, I’ll have to. “ “O.K. listen, try to find out as much information as you can about the server they are using & about its network administrator Mr. Bakshi.” “Why him?” “Because only he has got the power to insert any virus or Trojan in the server & I had this feeling before that he’s up to something.” “O.K and I’ll see you in 2hrs or so…” “Right, note everything, take pictures if necessary and…” “and?” “Don’t run into unnecessary troubles!” “I won’t.” “Manish will drop you on his way…” “No, I’d prefer to take my Press car with me…” Watching Komal going away, Aditya had this strange feeling. He realized that she was going to risk her job to find out something for his defense; Aditya realized that something has creped into his self silently. So silently that he never even realized that it rested there. Rested just to remind his of its exist...