Skip to main content

Close Apart (Chapter-27)

Close Apart
Chapter-27
“Déjà vu…”
“Hello Aditya!”
“Yes Komal?”
“What are you doing this fine morning?”
“Planning to have a good sleep.”
“Well has anyone told you about the appointment?”
“Which one? Well I clearly remember not keeping any one today.”
“Yeah you have! You are supposed to meet your girlfriend in half an hour from now. Hurry up!! You don’t want to be late at the meeting… get up.”
“O.K. where is the venue again??”
“Pizza Hut, 25 mins”
“Hey you said half an hour”
“And you’ve already wasted 5 minutes!! Hurry!”
Aditya was getting ready when the phone rang once again.
“Now you’re making me late.”
“Hi Aditya its Mr. Arora.”
“Oh hello sir! I was just speaking to one of my friends.”
“Aditya, I know with whom you were talking, I need to talk to you about something.”
“Yes sir…”
“The thing I am about to tell concerns Komal, so I need you to be listen very carefully. During her college days, Komal fell for a guy.”
“Rohan”
“Yes, so you know about him!”
“Yes she told me about him.”
“That’s a relief, now ever since he ditched Komal; she had lost her faith in relationships. She became so depressed that she even started leaving her social life, which was a hard time for me too.”
“Yes sir.”
“The reason I am telling you this is that ever since she has met you, I am sensing that her old self is coming back to her. She has started thinking about relationships once again, and all of these because of you.”
“Sir, I just want to assure you one thing, I was in a position that I once thought even to end my life. It was at that time your daughter pulled me out of my misery, and I promise you that I’d never let her go into that place…”
“Thanks Aditya! I hope I didn’t take much of your time.”
“Actually sir you did!! I am supposed to meet her in less than 10 minutes now!!”
“O.K. Aditya you better hurry up!!”
“Good bye sir!”
****************************************************
“God, Komal! I said I’m sorry, somebody from the work called.”
“Did I ask you for an explanation?”
“Then why are you acting such weird?”
“Look at you! You are taking your work so seriously that you barely have time for your family…”
“So you do consider yourself as my family, don’t you?”
Komal couldn’t control that sudden rush of smile that came to her lips.
“This ain’t fair!”
“O.K. dear I’m sorry!! Have you made your order?”
“Yes, ages ago! They’ll be here anytime now. So you sit here while I just come back from the wash room.”
Sitting there, Aditya had this strange feeling, it was like he was in this same place & same circumstances before sometime.
“Déjà vu!” Slipped from Aditya’s mouth.
A chill swept his spine. Aditya stood up, and turned around to face the glass doors of the place.
Someone was standing right outside the restaurant,
Looking towards him through the glass doors,
Someone for whom he waited so long that he lost all hopes of meeting her ever again!!
Amrita.
Ambiance Track
What I've been Looking For
High School Musical


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close Apart (Chapter-32)

Close Apart Chapter-32 “Shopping Day” Amrita took Komal for her wedding day shopping! Komal tried a lot to dodge Amrita but then she was not so resourceful when it came to denying someone. “Look, all my life I’ve been either studying or working, actually I didn’t get real time to dress-up or to party around. So I am what you’ll call a fashion disaster” confessed Amrita. “Don’t worry! I’ll Help You out! You won’t be a fashion disaster on your wedding day.” Komal smiled and replied. After sometime, Amrita was lining up in front of the trial room while holding few dazzling dresses. “I know the decision was a bit hasty, but after so many days without him, I don’t have the patience of staying away anymore! I know, you must be thinking that getting married in a registrar’s office is such a boring thing to do, but for me the companionship is much more important than a fancy wedding! And even Aditya seems to be quite supportive about this.” Amrita finished as she went in one of the trial room...
Close Apart Chapter-16 (Untitled) Aditya wasn’t at all recovering from his sad state of mind. He made numerous efforts to track down information about Amrita & her family, but nothing useful came up. Manish was concerned about his friend’s wellbeing, and so he called up Komal and cleared all the confusion that they were having. It was Sunday morning; Aditya got a call from Komal. “Hi!” “Hi…” “What are you doing today?” “You mean this afternoon?” “I meant now!” “Well, nothing actually!” “Then we can meet…” “Look Komal, I am actually not in a mood to…” “Moods, as they say, are made… and not imposed!” “That was exactly what I intended to remind you…” “Great! Then see you in half an hour at Pizza Hut!” “I guess I don’t have any choice…” Aditya knew he would have to get up from his bed and get ready if he wanted to be there on time, but he sulked. World has changed from what it used to be a few days earlier, and he didn’t feel a thing about it that’s left to live for… ******************...

Close Apart (Chapter-19)

Close Apart Chapter-19 “The British Council Mystery (Part-II)” “Komal you don’t have to do this!” “Trust me, I’ll have to. “ “O.K. listen, try to find out as much information as you can about the server they are using & about its network administrator Mr. Bakshi.” “Why him?” “Because only he has got the power to insert any virus or Trojan in the server & I had this feeling before that he’s up to something.” “O.K and I’ll see you in 2hrs or so…” “Right, note everything, take pictures if necessary and…” “and?” “Don’t run into unnecessary troubles!” “I won’t.” “Manish will drop you on his way…” “No, I’d prefer to take my Press car with me…” Watching Komal going away, Aditya had this strange feeling. He realized that she was going to risk her job to find out something for his defense; Aditya realized that something has creped into his self silently. So silently that he never even realized that it rested there. Rested just to remind his of its exist...