Skip to main content

Close Apart (Chapter-30)

Close Apart
Chapter-30
“Those Memoirs…”

Why does luck play such games on innocent humans? And to tip that off, the wounded heart behaves in strange ways.
Aditya was finding himself in lot of troubles to cop up with the fact that he has to be with Amrita and not Komal. He was in a fix, and he was dead tired thinking over it.

“You’ll have to tell her…”

“I couldn’t think how I’d do it.”

“But you can’t delay this for too long can’t you?”

“But… Why?”

“Just look at you!! You’re spending sleepless nights thinking about her and trying to figure out how to just meet her once… And then thinking the day away about how she told you not to do so… you are one pathetic mess!!”

“Just shut up! You know nothing about it!”

“Is it? You’re just trying to console yourself by telling some crap things, but that isn’t going to work with me.”

“I can’t tell Amrita all these… “

“You better do or otherwise she’ll get it herself.”

“What??...how’s that possible?”

“Well let me guess, do you know who the world’s happiest man is?”

“I don’t know.”
“I’ll tell you, he’s the man who gets back his love back from the death’s peril. Does thing ring any bell to you? Wait a minute!! It’s you!
And look at you! Anyone can tell that you’re not that guy! What do you think she won’t be able to sense it?”

“Just leave me alone!!”

Aditya yelled in silence, whatever he does, this mental battle between his inner selves doesn’t seem to end!

The doorbell rang to bring him back to the reality. Aditya got up and opened the door.
Komal was standing in front of him!

“Is Amrita here?”

“No…”

“Good!” she said and rushed inside.

Aditya was spellbound. He had never thought that he’ll see her! And as she went in as if looking for something, he just stood there, watching her. She was looking more gorgeous than ever!

Komal soon reappeared with a plastic bag in her hands.

“I almost forgot that you stored all the stuffs about me in your room. Thank God Amrita didn’t see all these letters and photographs! So I covered it up at the right time, tensions over!”

Komal made a desperate attempt to storm out the door the same way she came in but halted near it and started spelling out link-less words.

Aditya pulled her close to him and kissed her. He was not thinking of anything else, only the sense of completeness filled him. And a stinging pain reminded him of the fact that how miserable he was without her!

“Aditya! Let go of me!” Komal whispered

“I can’t! You’re the only thing I want in my life!! I love you! Please don’t leave me alone!” He whispered back.

They were both in each other’s arms, trying to realize the other one a truth that they both knew. But the harder they tried, the difficult it got.

“Do you think it is easy for me? Seeing you with another girl? Constantly living with a feeling that your love is just another thing you can’t have? But believe me, I’m coping with all these just because I know this is right and I have no right to steal someone else’s love!”

The doorbell rang again! This time it was Amrita for sure.

“Komal!! What a surprise! You never met after that day! Are you that busy?”

“I tried, but I was too much held up with my work. You know why! They make news of everything these days! Just came here to pick some of my stuffs but I’d better be going now.”

“Aditya told me the other day, how you helped to bring him out of that hacking claim. I am indebted to you! You are really a good friend! I’ll be lucky to have such a nice friend around.”

“Well… not for long! I’ve been promoted in my office and I’d be shifting to New Delhi the coming month. But I’ll surely be in touch with you and Aditya! You two are my most beloved ones…”

And without letting anyone ask anything else, Komal went past the apartment door, leaving Aditya & Amrita on the other side.

Ambiance Track
Hilary Duff- Who's That Girl





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Train Encounter(Chap-10)

Train Encounter Chapter-10 Epilogue "Truth is stranger than fiction" I've heard this many a times from many of my friends, but never got a chance to verify it. This July (I mean july2006) when I was on my way back to my college in Nagpur, I was struck for 6 hours at Tatanagar station, I didn't have the slightest idea that I'll get to face one of my life's most interesting moments. Yes, dear reader!! What you just got through last 9 chapters actually happened to be my fellow co-passenger!! I came to know about her problems when I had started chatting with her when I knew that she too was going in the same train. She didn't want to tell this "weird" incident to me at first, thinking that I won't believe her, but then told at last. I was awestruck when she told me that the person was going to meet her that very day!! Well anyone can guess what amazement did I pass when the person turned out to be her Boyfriend!! I just asked them if I could wr

Close Apart (Chap-3)

Close Apart Chapter-3 “Lamb Delight” “Lamb Delight!! Wow, that was some order!” recalled Aditya. Actually, it was about a few months earlier that Manish, a colleague of Aditya tried to hook him up with a girl named Suneeta, who, Manish claimed was one of his girlfriend’s friend. So! On the preplanned Saturday night, Aditya came to this very place and met her. “She was gorgeous!” was Aditya’s first reaction and after a very short stretch of time Aditya started liking everything about her. And when Aditya knew that she was a little bit interested about computer softwares, then it made feel like: “look! Didn’t I tell you earlier? Gorgeous girls like softwares!!” Aditya had this (Well, used to have) symptom of being completely speechless near girls. So he tried to make his order speak of his feelings and he ordered a couple of “Lamb Delights!” Just after the waiter left, Suneeta turned to him and said “Do you know what they have in these?” Aditya was thinking to ask about what she was ref