Skip to main content

Train Encounter(Chap-5)

Train Encounter
Chapter-5
"Mischief, Mayhem,Someone"


Strolling on the platform, Shalini was again sucked back into her memories....
nearing june, one day Shalini was sitting in her room, doing the project-work which was given by the instructer of the computer coaching she enrolled a few weeks ago...
She was supposed to work on some online pictures which were in her folder. Shalini was very poor at modifying pictures & usually took a hell lot of time in morphing them. But today was her lucky day, she was carefully doing her job when just like a bolt from the blue, a window popped up saying..."MISCHIEF"
and before Shalini could react to something, she saw her whole project work was getting disfigured!! Shalini tried to correct it but it was too late. Someone was controlling the workspace from outside, "but how was it possible!?" Shalini thought.
Just then another window popped in front of her eyes saying..."MAYHEM"
and Shalini saw her whole folder, which contained all the works that she had prepared for that days submission being deleted one by one!!
Shalini felt like crying out loud. How would possibly she submit the files today?
She quickly disconnected her PC and shut it down. She could only guess the horrible consequences that she would face that day at the coaching centre.

Shalini gloomly travelled her journey to the computer centre, and at once decieded to inform her instructor about that day's incident. Although she knew that it would be nothing more than a lame excuse to her instructor.
"Well all of You Log in to your respective accounts and get ready to show your project work..." said instructor in a commanding tone.
Shalini hesitatingly logged in to her account, only to see all her project files intact!! She opened one of them & with utter amazement she saw that the morphing present in those files were no more than work of art!! And were not in any sense were made by her!!
No points in guessing that her project was given the highest points that day. She was going to log-off when suddenly her eyes fell over a mail named "SOMEONE"
in her inbox.

"Dear Shalini
I am really very sorry to disturb You this way, but when I was going through your project work files then I felt that there was a little help that I could have done. At first I thought I would do them sielently but than I couldn't resist myself from playing a little mischief on You. Hope U'll forgive me.
P.S. Dont talk Toomuch in the Phone Cuz 'Someone' may turn actually hostile :)"

It took moments for Shalini to realise who did the whole saga, but she could hardly believe herself because instead of getting irritated she was actually impressed by the deed!! Just when she sat on a seat in the bus, her cellphone vibrated. She flashed a smile on her face guessing who it was and took out the cell.
It showed "Arun calling..."
"HI Arun!!"

"Hey Shalini!! What's up? How are You?"

"Fine..."

"Really? The way You said "Hi" was a liitle sad, are you sure that you are alright? Is there anything that You are hiding from me?"

"No....Nothing!! I ... I am just tired....lots of work, today..."

"Well in that case, I will call You Later, Take Care..."

"Well this was typical Arun conversation. He never lets you feel anything" Sighed Shalini.
"But why did You not tell Arun about the person over the calls? Why are You actually hiding that person from everyone?" Shalini was in deep trouble with herself...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Popular posts from this blog

Train Encounter(Chap-10)

Train Encounter Chapter-10 Epilogue "Truth is stranger than fiction" I've heard this many a times from many of my friends, but never got a chance to verify it. This July (I mean july2006) when I was on my way back to my college in Nagpur, I was struck for 6 hours at Tatanagar station, I didn't have the slightest idea that I'll get to face one of my life's most interesting moments. Yes, dear reader!! What you just got through last 9 chapters actually happened to be my fellow co-passenger!! I came to know about her problems when I had started chatting with her when I knew that she too was going in the same train. She didn't want to tell this "weird" incident to me at first, thinking that I won't believe her, but then told at last. I was awestruck when she told me that the person was going to meet her that very day!! Well anyone can guess what amazement did I pass when the person turned out to be her Boyfriend!! I just asked them if I could wr

Close Apart (Chap-3)

Close Apart Chapter-3 “Lamb Delight” “Lamb Delight!! Wow, that was some order!” recalled Aditya. Actually, it was about a few months earlier that Manish, a colleague of Aditya tried to hook him up with a girl named Suneeta, who, Manish claimed was one of his girlfriend’s friend. So! On the preplanned Saturday night, Aditya came to this very place and met her. “She was gorgeous!” was Aditya’s first reaction and after a very short stretch of time Aditya started liking everything about her. And when Aditya knew that she was a little bit interested about computer softwares, then it made feel like: “look! Didn’t I tell you earlier? Gorgeous girls like softwares!!” Aditya had this (Well, used to have) symptom of being completely speechless near girls. So he tried to make his order speak of his feelings and he ordered a couple of “Lamb Delights!” Just after the waiter left, Suneeta turned to him and said “Do you know what they have in these?” Aditya was thinking to ask about what she was ref