Skip to main content

Close Apart (Chapter-5)

Close Apart
Chapter-5
“The British Council Mystery”

Back to work, next day! Aditya felt a new life in his job;
his same old boring cabin looked amazingly refreshing that day,
Aditya felt just how only finding a known face in the daily crowd can fill you up with a feeling that whatever may be the situation, you’re not wasting a big part of your life!

“Boss calling you… Getting an increment or what?” Manish informed Aditya.

Aditya rushed out

“Well, we have a case here…” said Mr. Arora.

“Where, exactly? Did your mail account block? Or your registry is asking some strings!”

Now we hear some ‘Professional Aditya speaking’

“I mean to say in the British Council” said Mr. Arora.

Hell broke loose over Aditya’s head! And an irritating voice kept on pinching him from back of his head

“I told you, dentist’s idea was not enough fail-safe! Now face what ‘case’ you’ve created”

“Sir is this something related to the recep…”

“No, no, not in reception! I’m getting the exact data packets from there server, it is only that our Librarian software has crashed on their system…”

“Thank God!” Aditya left a sigh of relief.

“Yes!”

“Ohh, sir I mean Oh God!!”

“I know, you’re not in our troubleshooting section, but I know that you have a background in software testing, so I’d like you to go and check.”

“Yes sir I will!!”

Within few minutes, Aditya was there at the British Council.

“Its really very difficult for us to manage the crowd, there is a malfunction in the Librarian software” Mr. Malhotra was explaining his problem.

“Sir, there’s nothing to be worried of!! Maybe it’s just the heavy network accesses that have possibly crashed the software, I’d just take a look at the server and check if everything’s alright.”

Once on the server room Aditya started checking the software.Well I am not that knowledgeable to interpret what Aditya did there, but he was done within a few minutes.

“Mr. Malhotra, although this is not my concern, but would I know who is your network security Administrator?” Aditya asked.

“Oh yes. It’s Mr. Arun Bakshi, eh… why did you ask?”

“Nothing… I’d just like to meet him someday” said Aditya.

“Sure, but he’s on leave for the next few days.”

“That’s O.K. Well, the program is up and running!!”

“Thanks a lot!”

Aditya was about to leave when his cell phone rang,

“Hello! Who’s this?”

“No points in guessing…”

“Amrita! You should be working now!”

“Yes and if you walk a little more towards the way out, then possibly you’ll notice the caller!”

“How the hell do you know where I am?”

“Security Cams, my dear! How about a little private chat?”

“I love you…”

“What!! You’re kidding.”

“You started…”

“What about today’s meeting?”

“Just do a thing, will you”

“Anything for you sir!!”

“On your computer keyboard, press Win+R, done? Then type ‘cmd’ and press enter. Yes, and then type ‘IPCONFIG’ on the popping window. Yes, now just narrate me the nos. that comes out”

“What I am doing Aditya?”

“61.2.165.154 is that all what it showed? Well you just gave me the key to your heart!!”

“Tell me please!!”

“You’ll know! Good bye now!!”And with a smile on his face, Aditya crossed Amrita’s desk, where she sat with a surprised face.”

Comments

Ice.Fire said…
hmm.... its geting interesting..sorry it took me so long to finally read it. I have been so busy that I hardly get time to surf the net.

Popular posts from this blog

Train Encounter(Chap-10)

Train Encounter Chapter-10 Epilogue "Truth is stranger than fiction" I've heard this many a times from many of my friends, but never got a chance to verify it. This July (I mean july2006) when I was on my way back to my college in Nagpur, I was struck for 6 hours at Tatanagar station, I didn't have the slightest idea that I'll get to face one of my life's most interesting moments. Yes, dear reader!! What you just got through last 9 chapters actually happened to be my fellow co-passenger!! I came to know about her problems when I had started chatting with her when I knew that she too was going in the same train. She didn't want to tell this "weird" incident to me at first, thinking that I won't believe her, but then told at last. I was awestruck when she told me that the person was going to meet her that very day!! Well anyone can guess what amazement did I pass when the person turned out to be her Boyfriend!! I just asked them if I could wr

Close Apart (Chap-3)

Close Apart Chapter-3 “Lamb Delight” “Lamb Delight!! Wow, that was some order!” recalled Aditya. Actually, it was about a few months earlier that Manish, a colleague of Aditya tried to hook him up with a girl named Suneeta, who, Manish claimed was one of his girlfriend’s friend. So! On the preplanned Saturday night, Aditya came to this very place and met her. “She was gorgeous!” was Aditya’s first reaction and after a very short stretch of time Aditya started liking everything about her. And when Aditya knew that she was a little bit interested about computer softwares, then it made feel like: “look! Didn’t I tell you earlier? Gorgeous girls like softwares!!” Aditya had this (Well, used to have) symptom of being completely speechless near girls. So he tried to make his order speak of his feelings and he ordered a couple of “Lamb Delights!” Just after the waiter left, Suneeta turned to him and said “Do you know what they have in these?” Aditya was thinking to ask about what she was ref