Skip to main content

Close Apart (Chapter-6)

Close Apart
Chapter-6
“Disappear*”


Aditya got back to his office, connected his computer to some website and downloaded software and started working on it.

“Aditya! Is everything O.K. there?”Mr. Arora was standing in front of his cabin.

“Sir I was just going to report to your office…”

“Just saw a Trojan activity on your terminal, so I just came here to check if everything’s alright.”

“Nothing sir, just needed to set up a remote access, so just used it, as you know sir, nothing beats them in service.”

“I know Aditya! But also know that these Trojans are hackers’ best tools.”

“I’ll use them modestly sir, and yes, I’ve fixed their librarian software…”

“That’s good! Alright then, concentrate on your work.”

But I saw Aditya was busy in scanning the ports of the address which Amrita gave him. What was he up to?

“Just as I thought! Almost all the high ports are open… Mr. Bakshi!! You are in trouble!”Aditya murmured.
*****************************************************

Amrita was busy at her desk. The day was proving to be a little messy for her. Firstly, due to the failure of the software, and now due to the slow network speed.

Just when things seemed to settle down a little, a message appeared on her computer screen.

“Just When You Thought That U’re Alone!!”

Amrita had never seen such a thing in her whole life! It appeared as if someone from the outer world was trying to contact her!

Amrita noticed that there was a reply box. She typed in

“Who are you?”

After sometime, another message flashed out…

“Someone who knows you!”

“How the hell did you get in here?”

“Didn’t I tell you that you gave me the keys to your heart?”

“Aditya! Is this you?”

“Yep!”

“But how? We’re not connected to any chat server…”

“We people don’t need chat servers to express ourselves in front of our dear ones.”

“Isn’t this illegal?”

“There’s nothing legal or illegal in this cyberspace. Only thinking makes all the difference.”

“Wow! That was deep…”

“Amrita! I want to say you something…”

“Well, are you going to propose me through a Trojan?”

“So, you know about these things too!!”

“No, just heard about it once…”

“Just Chill! I’m not going to propose you, just wanted to share some of my feelings with you… let’s do it my way…”

The mouse pointer on Amrita’s computer screen moved automatically! Clicked the ‘Internet Explorer’ icon, typed the website address… and after few more clicks, a message popped up…

“Plug in your headphones and concentrate on the song…These are not words, but exactly what I’m feeling right now about you…”

And a clear voice started chanting over Amrita’s headphones…

“There's a pain that sleeps inside
Sleeps with just one eye
And awakens, the moment that you're near
And I search through every face
Without a single trace, of the person
The person that I need
Do you know, that everytime you're near
Everybody else seems far away
So can you come and make them disappear
Make them disappear and we can stay”

Comments

Ice.Fire said…
nice lyrics...
Iv been so busy! Its so hard to find time to write or read. But I promise to try n read yours n give u feed back more often than I have done lately. Dotn stop writing coz ur good at it!
Anonymous said…
nice going. getting interesting.

Popular posts from this blog

Close Apart (Chapter-32)

Close Apart Chapter-32 “Shopping Day” Amrita took Komal for her wedding day shopping! Komal tried a lot to dodge Amrita but then she was not so resourceful when it came to denying someone. “Look, all my life I’ve been either studying or working, actually I didn’t get real time to dress-up or to party around. So I am what you’ll call a fashion disaster” confessed Amrita. “Don’t worry! I’ll Help You out! You won’t be a fashion disaster on your wedding day.” Komal smiled and replied. After sometime, Amrita was lining up in front of the trial room while holding few dazzling dresses. “I know the decision was a bit hasty, but after so many days without him, I don’t have the patience of staying away anymore! I know, you must be thinking that getting married in a registrar’s office is such a boring thing to do, but for me the companionship is much more important than a fancy wedding! And even Aditya seems to be quite supportive about this.” Amrita finished as she went in one of the trial room...
Close Apart Chapter-16 (Untitled) Aditya wasn’t at all recovering from his sad state of mind. He made numerous efforts to track down information about Amrita & her family, but nothing useful came up. Manish was concerned about his friend’s wellbeing, and so he called up Komal and cleared all the confusion that they were having. It was Sunday morning; Aditya got a call from Komal. “Hi!” “Hi…” “What are you doing today?” “You mean this afternoon?” “I meant now!” “Well, nothing actually!” “Then we can meet…” “Look Komal, I am actually not in a mood to…” “Moods, as they say, are made… and not imposed!” “That was exactly what I intended to remind you…” “Great! Then see you in half an hour at Pizza Hut!” “I guess I don’t have any choice…” Aditya knew he would have to get up from his bed and get ready if he wanted to be there on time, but he sulked. World has changed from what it used to be a few days earlier, and he didn’t feel a thing about it that’s left to live for… ******************...

Close Apart (Chapter-19)

Close Apart Chapter-19 “The British Council Mystery (Part-II)” “Komal you don’t have to do this!” “Trust me, I’ll have to. “ “O.K. listen, try to find out as much information as you can about the server they are using & about its network administrator Mr. Bakshi.” “Why him?” “Because only he has got the power to insert any virus or Trojan in the server & I had this feeling before that he’s up to something.” “O.K and I’ll see you in 2hrs or so…” “Right, note everything, take pictures if necessary and…” “and?” “Don’t run into unnecessary troubles!” “I won’t.” “Manish will drop you on his way…” “No, I’d prefer to take my Press car with me…” Watching Komal going away, Aditya had this strange feeling. He realized that she was going to risk her job to find out something for his defense; Aditya realized that something has creped into his self silently. So silently that he never even realized that it rested there. Rested just to remind his of its exist...