Skip to main content

Close Apart (Chapter-9)

Close Apart
Chapter 9
“Surprise!”

Aditya was too tired to get back to work, but he had no other options. When he got back, he found that Manish was gone for the rest of the day!!

“Great!” he thought, “now I even don’t have anyone who could now listen to what I have to say!!”
Aditya was upset, really upset. It was hard for him to carry on his work. His head felt like it was going to burst open with headache. Just when he was thinking of visiting his boss so that he could ask him to excuse him for the day, he realized that he’s cell phone was missing somewhere!!

“Where the hell did I keep it…” Aditya searched around for a while till the truth hit him that he left his cell phone somewhere he shouldn’t have kept.

It was like a bolt from the blue!! Aditya couldn’t think what he should do then. All the contacts, and reminders, and what about the fact that Amrita only knows his number!!

“Disturbed?”

Aditya knew this voice! Although not for a very long time now but it was no doubt distinctive.

“Komal! You’re here?” exclaimed Aditya

“I have to. You left something with me, I mean with my luggage“

“What something?”

“Your cell phone! And you’ve already got a call! How busy you are!”

“What call?”

“It was some girl… check it out.”

“Well, thanks a lot for rescuing me from this “head falling off” situation & sorry that you had to travel so early here!!”

“Don’t bother; I had to visit here anyways to meet my dad, bye then!”

Komal walked up to her father’s cabin & Aditya checked who called him up. Without a doubt it was Amrita.

After a few unsuccessful tries, Aditya was able to ring her up.

“Hello!”

“Amrita it’s me, why did you call?”

“Aditya, I am less than an hour out of station, and when I call you a girl picks up your phone!! Nice improvement.”

“Listen up, my cell was lost. I got it back just now.”

“And who is this mystery lady who gets your phone?”

“It was my boss’s daughter Komal, I went to the station to receive her.”

“But I thought that you went there to see me off!”

Amrita’s voice was cracking due to weak signals in train.

“Sure, I went there to see you off, and then went again…. Hello!”

And the call got disconnected. Aditya couldn’t think of anything at that moment… his thoughts were all messed up.

Just then a message flashed on his cell.

“Just chill! I was just pulling your leg. She explained me everything”

This was the second time when Komal saved Aditya’s day!!

Comments

Ice.Fire said…
good chapter... im liking Komal's character.

Iv updated twice coz of your comment...hope you like it... u actually inspired me..
thanks.
x
Anonymous said…
So, now we aRE MOVING TOWARDS an eternal triangle? Keep fomenting up trouble,buddy.

Popular posts from this blog

Close Apart (Chapter-32)

Close Apart Chapter-32 “Shopping Day” Amrita took Komal for her wedding day shopping! Komal tried a lot to dodge Amrita but then she was not so resourceful when it came to denying someone. “Look, all my life I’ve been either studying or working, actually I didn’t get real time to dress-up or to party around. So I am what you’ll call a fashion disaster” confessed Amrita. “Don’t worry! I’ll Help You out! You won’t be a fashion disaster on your wedding day.” Komal smiled and replied. After sometime, Amrita was lining up in front of the trial room while holding few dazzling dresses. “I know the decision was a bit hasty, but after so many days without him, I don’t have the patience of staying away anymore! I know, you must be thinking that getting married in a registrar’s office is such a boring thing to do, but for me the companionship is much more important than a fancy wedding! And even Aditya seems to be quite supportive about this.” Amrita finished as she went in one of the trial room...
Close Apart Chapter-16 (Untitled) Aditya wasn’t at all recovering from his sad state of mind. He made numerous efforts to track down information about Amrita & her family, but nothing useful came up. Manish was concerned about his friend’s wellbeing, and so he called up Komal and cleared all the confusion that they were having. It was Sunday morning; Aditya got a call from Komal. “Hi!” “Hi…” “What are you doing today?” “You mean this afternoon?” “I meant now!” “Well, nothing actually!” “Then we can meet…” “Look Komal, I am actually not in a mood to…” “Moods, as they say, are made… and not imposed!” “That was exactly what I intended to remind you…” “Great! Then see you in half an hour at Pizza Hut!” “I guess I don’t have any choice…” Aditya knew he would have to get up from his bed and get ready if he wanted to be there on time, but he sulked. World has changed from what it used to be a few days earlier, and he didn’t feel a thing about it that’s left to live for… ******************...

Close Apart (Chapter-19)

Close Apart Chapter-19 “The British Council Mystery (Part-II)” “Komal you don’t have to do this!” “Trust me, I’ll have to. “ “O.K. listen, try to find out as much information as you can about the server they are using & about its network administrator Mr. Bakshi.” “Why him?” “Because only he has got the power to insert any virus or Trojan in the server & I had this feeling before that he’s up to something.” “O.K and I’ll see you in 2hrs or so…” “Right, note everything, take pictures if necessary and…” “and?” “Don’t run into unnecessary troubles!” “I won’t.” “Manish will drop you on his way…” “No, I’d prefer to take my Press car with me…” Watching Komal going away, Aditya had this strange feeling. He realized that she was going to risk her job to find out something for his defense; Aditya realized that something has creped into his self silently. So silently that he never even realized that it rested there. Rested just to remind his of its exist...