Skip to main content

Close Apart (Chapter-9)

Close Apart
Chapter 9
“Surprise!”

Aditya was too tired to get back to work, but he had no other options. When he got back, he found that Manish was gone for the rest of the day!!

“Great!” he thought, “now I even don’t have anyone who could now listen to what I have to say!!”
Aditya was upset, really upset. It was hard for him to carry on his work. His head felt like it was going to burst open with headache. Just when he was thinking of visiting his boss so that he could ask him to excuse him for the day, he realized that he’s cell phone was missing somewhere!!

“Where the hell did I keep it…” Aditya searched around for a while till the truth hit him that he left his cell phone somewhere he shouldn’t have kept.

It was like a bolt from the blue!! Aditya couldn’t think what he should do then. All the contacts, and reminders, and what about the fact that Amrita only knows his number!!

“Disturbed?”

Aditya knew this voice! Although not for a very long time now but it was no doubt distinctive.

“Komal! You’re here?” exclaimed Aditya

“I have to. You left something with me, I mean with my luggage“

“What something?”

“Your cell phone! And you’ve already got a call! How busy you are!”

“What call?”

“It was some girl… check it out.”

“Well, thanks a lot for rescuing me from this “head falling off” situation & sorry that you had to travel so early here!!”

“Don’t bother; I had to visit here anyways to meet my dad, bye then!”

Komal walked up to her father’s cabin & Aditya checked who called him up. Without a doubt it was Amrita.

After a few unsuccessful tries, Aditya was able to ring her up.

“Hello!”

“Amrita it’s me, why did you call?”

“Aditya, I am less than an hour out of station, and when I call you a girl picks up your phone!! Nice improvement.”

“Listen up, my cell was lost. I got it back just now.”

“And who is this mystery lady who gets your phone?”

“It was my boss’s daughter Komal, I went to the station to receive her.”

“But I thought that you went there to see me off!”

Amrita’s voice was cracking due to weak signals in train.

“Sure, I went there to see you off, and then went again…. Hello!”

And the call got disconnected. Aditya couldn’t think of anything at that moment… his thoughts were all messed up.

Just then a message flashed on his cell.

“Just chill! I was just pulling your leg. She explained me everything”

This was the second time when Komal saved Aditya’s day!!

Comments

Ice.Fire said…
good chapter... im liking Komal's character.

Iv updated twice coz of your comment...hope you like it... u actually inspired me..
thanks.
x
Anonymous said…
So, now we aRE MOVING TOWARDS an eternal triangle? Keep fomenting up trouble,buddy.

Popular posts from this blog

Train Encounter(Chap-10)

Train Encounter Chapter-10 Epilogue "Truth is stranger than fiction" I've heard this many a times from many of my friends, but never got a chance to verify it. This July (I mean july2006) when I was on my way back to my college in Nagpur, I was struck for 6 hours at Tatanagar station, I didn't have the slightest idea that I'll get to face one of my life's most interesting moments. Yes, dear reader!! What you just got through last 9 chapters actually happened to be my fellow co-passenger!! I came to know about her problems when I had started chatting with her when I knew that she too was going in the same train. She didn't want to tell this "weird" incident to me at first, thinking that I won't believe her, but then told at last. I was awestruck when she told me that the person was going to meet her that very day!! Well anyone can guess what amazement did I pass when the person turned out to be her Boyfriend!! I just asked them if I could wr

Close Apart (Chap-3)

Close Apart Chapter-3 “Lamb Delight” “Lamb Delight!! Wow, that was some order!” recalled Aditya. Actually, it was about a few months earlier that Manish, a colleague of Aditya tried to hook him up with a girl named Suneeta, who, Manish claimed was one of his girlfriend’s friend. So! On the preplanned Saturday night, Aditya came to this very place and met her. “She was gorgeous!” was Aditya’s first reaction and after a very short stretch of time Aditya started liking everything about her. And when Aditya knew that she was a little bit interested about computer softwares, then it made feel like: “look! Didn’t I tell you earlier? Gorgeous girls like softwares!!” Aditya had this (Well, used to have) symptom of being completely speechless near girls. So he tried to make his order speak of his feelings and he ordered a couple of “Lamb Delights!” Just after the waiter left, Suneeta turned to him and said “Do you know what they have in these?” Aditya was thinking to ask about what she was ref