Skip to main content

Close Apart(Chapter-7)

Close Apart
Chapter-7
“At The Train Station”

Aditya got a call next morning.

“Adi, could you please come to the station?”

“Now? I mean what happened?”

“Come here and I’ll explain it all, will you?”

“Ok Howrah, right? I’m reaching”

“I’ll be waiting…”

After a few minutes, Aditya was there at the station.

“Thanks for coming, only this morning I got a call from

mummy saying that she wants me to visit her really

soon.”

“Well that’s sooner enough!” said Aditya

“Now don’t starting brooding over it! I’ll be back very

soon”

“You better be… otherwise someone’s life’s going to be

really miserable…” Aditya held Amrita’s hand.

“I promise.”

“Now when’s your train? You got reservation?”

“Just got current reservation, the train’s in an hour.”

Said Amrita

“Eh… well I need to hurry up, I don’t have any more

leaves left, I’m sorry!!”

“It’s alright, rush to your work. I’ll be OK.” Said

Amrita & pushed Aditya forward.

“Take Care!”
********************************************************

“You’re late!” greeted Manish as soon as Aditya got in

the office.

“Mr. Arora wants to see you right now…”

“Now?”

“Well it was actually ten minutes ago…”

Aditya went in his Boss’s cabin.

“Sir you wanted to see me?”

“Oh Aditya you are just in time. Well, I have this

important appointment which I can’t miss, and I was

supposed to receive someone at the station, actually my

daughter Komal is coming home from New Delhi, in about

an hour…” Mr. Arora fished his wallet and took out a

small piece of paper. “Here are the details, take my car

& drive her straight to my apartment, and then you

report back as per your time. Will you do it for me?

Please…”

I guess Aditya had no option!!

So he was back to Howrah station. The first thing he did

was checking the stat of Rajdhani Express. He was left

with about half an hour before the train came. So he

rushed towards the platform where he left Amrita not so

long ago!

“In case you need something, I’m right here…”

“Aditya!! What are you doing here?”

“My boss sends me back!”

Aditya, are you lying in style?

“You know one thing… just when I was sitting here, all

alone. I was feeling like I was the loneliest girl in

this whole world… and then…”

“And then I got you. Amrita, please don’t refuse me

today if I ask you for a small favor… will you?”

“What?” was Amrita guessing something?

“You Know? When at least 45 more years would have

passed, when everything else around here would have

either changed or gone. I want to be the only person who

would come to accompany you at the train station… can

you grant that right to me?”

Either it was the tinge of her smile or the light

scattering through the teardrops that let Aditya know

that she would possibly don’t mind doing this favor.

Comments

Ice.Fire said…
well worth the wait... good chapter.

Popular posts from this blog

Train Encounter(Chap-10)

Train Encounter Chapter-10 Epilogue "Truth is stranger than fiction" I've heard this many a times from many of my friends, but never got a chance to verify it. This July (I mean july2006) when I was on my way back to my college in Nagpur, I was struck for 6 hours at Tatanagar station, I didn't have the slightest idea that I'll get to face one of my life's most interesting moments. Yes, dear reader!! What you just got through last 9 chapters actually happened to be my fellow co-passenger!! I came to know about her problems when I had started chatting with her when I knew that she too was going in the same train. She didn't want to tell this "weird" incident to me at first, thinking that I won't believe her, but then told at last. I was awestruck when she told me that the person was going to meet her that very day!! Well anyone can guess what amazement did I pass when the person turned out to be her Boyfriend!! I just asked them if I could wr

Close Apart (Chap-3)

Close Apart Chapter-3 “Lamb Delight” “Lamb Delight!! Wow, that was some order!” recalled Aditya. Actually, it was about a few months earlier that Manish, a colleague of Aditya tried to hook him up with a girl named Suneeta, who, Manish claimed was one of his girlfriend’s friend. So! On the preplanned Saturday night, Aditya came to this very place and met her. “She was gorgeous!” was Aditya’s first reaction and after a very short stretch of time Aditya started liking everything about her. And when Aditya knew that she was a little bit interested about computer softwares, then it made feel like: “look! Didn’t I tell you earlier? Gorgeous girls like softwares!!” Aditya had this (Well, used to have) symptom of being completely speechless near girls. So he tried to make his order speak of his feelings and he ordered a couple of “Lamb Delights!” Just after the waiter left, Suneeta turned to him and said “Do you know what they have in these?” Aditya was thinking to ask about what she was ref