Skip to main content

Close Apart(Chapter-7)

Close Apart
Chapter-7
“At The Train Station”

Aditya got a call next morning.

“Adi, could you please come to the station?”

“Now? I mean what happened?”

“Come here and I’ll explain it all, will you?”

“Ok Howrah, right? I’m reaching”

“I’ll be waiting…”

After a few minutes, Aditya was there at the station.

“Thanks for coming, only this morning I got a call from

mummy saying that she wants me to visit her really

soon.”

“Well that’s sooner enough!” said Aditya

“Now don’t starting brooding over it! I’ll be back very

soon”

“You better be… otherwise someone’s life’s going to be

really miserable…” Aditya held Amrita’s hand.

“I promise.”

“Now when’s your train? You got reservation?”

“Just got current reservation, the train’s in an hour.”

Said Amrita

“Eh… well I need to hurry up, I don’t have any more

leaves left, I’m sorry!!”

“It’s alright, rush to your work. I’ll be OK.” Said

Amrita & pushed Aditya forward.

“Take Care!”
********************************************************

“You’re late!” greeted Manish as soon as Aditya got in

the office.

“Mr. Arora wants to see you right now…”

“Now?”

“Well it was actually ten minutes ago…”

Aditya went in his Boss’s cabin.

“Sir you wanted to see me?”

“Oh Aditya you are just in time. Well, I have this

important appointment which I can’t miss, and I was

supposed to receive someone at the station, actually my

daughter Komal is coming home from New Delhi, in about

an hour…” Mr. Arora fished his wallet and took out a

small piece of paper. “Here are the details, take my car

& drive her straight to my apartment, and then you

report back as per your time. Will you do it for me?

Please…”

I guess Aditya had no option!!

So he was back to Howrah station. The first thing he did

was checking the stat of Rajdhani Express. He was left

with about half an hour before the train came. So he

rushed towards the platform where he left Amrita not so

long ago!

“In case you need something, I’m right here…”

“Aditya!! What are you doing here?”

“My boss sends me back!”

Aditya, are you lying in style?

“You know one thing… just when I was sitting here, all

alone. I was feeling like I was the loneliest girl in

this whole world… and then…”

“And then I got you. Amrita, please don’t refuse me

today if I ask you for a small favor… will you?”

“What?” was Amrita guessing something?

“You Know? When at least 45 more years would have

passed, when everything else around here would have

either changed or gone. I want to be the only person who

would come to accompany you at the train station… can

you grant that right to me?”

Either it was the tinge of her smile or the light

scattering through the teardrops that let Aditya know

that she would possibly don’t mind doing this favor.

Comments

Ice.Fire said…
well worth the wait... good chapter.

Popular posts from this blog

Close Apart (Chapter-32)

Close Apart Chapter-32 “Shopping Day” Amrita took Komal for her wedding day shopping! Komal tried a lot to dodge Amrita but then she was not so resourceful when it came to denying someone. “Look, all my life I’ve been either studying or working, actually I didn’t get real time to dress-up or to party around. So I am what you’ll call a fashion disaster” confessed Amrita. “Don’t worry! I’ll Help You out! You won’t be a fashion disaster on your wedding day.” Komal smiled and replied. After sometime, Amrita was lining up in front of the trial room while holding few dazzling dresses. “I know the decision was a bit hasty, but after so many days without him, I don’t have the patience of staying away anymore! I know, you must be thinking that getting married in a registrar’s office is such a boring thing to do, but for me the companionship is much more important than a fancy wedding! And even Aditya seems to be quite supportive about this.” Amrita finished as she went in one of the trial room...
Close Apart Chapter-16 (Untitled) Aditya wasn’t at all recovering from his sad state of mind. He made numerous efforts to track down information about Amrita & her family, but nothing useful came up. Manish was concerned about his friend’s wellbeing, and so he called up Komal and cleared all the confusion that they were having. It was Sunday morning; Aditya got a call from Komal. “Hi!” “Hi…” “What are you doing today?” “You mean this afternoon?” “I meant now!” “Well, nothing actually!” “Then we can meet…” “Look Komal, I am actually not in a mood to…” “Moods, as they say, are made… and not imposed!” “That was exactly what I intended to remind you…” “Great! Then see you in half an hour at Pizza Hut!” “I guess I don’t have any choice…” Aditya knew he would have to get up from his bed and get ready if he wanted to be there on time, but he sulked. World has changed from what it used to be a few days earlier, and he didn’t feel a thing about it that’s left to live for… ******************...

Close Apart (Chapter-19)

Close Apart Chapter-19 “The British Council Mystery (Part-II)” “Komal you don’t have to do this!” “Trust me, I’ll have to. “ “O.K. listen, try to find out as much information as you can about the server they are using & about its network administrator Mr. Bakshi.” “Why him?” “Because only he has got the power to insert any virus or Trojan in the server & I had this feeling before that he’s up to something.” “O.K and I’ll see you in 2hrs or so…” “Right, note everything, take pictures if necessary and…” “and?” “Don’t run into unnecessary troubles!” “I won’t.” “Manish will drop you on his way…” “No, I’d prefer to take my Press car with me…” Watching Komal going away, Aditya had this strange feeling. He realized that she was going to risk her job to find out something for his defense; Aditya realized that something has creped into his self silently. So silently that he never even realized that it rested there. Rested just to remind his of its exist...