Skip to main content

Close Apart(Chapter-21)

Close Apart

Chapter-21

“Night Out”

“Are you sure you are going to do this?”


“I have to! This is my last hope!”


Aditya & Komal were still arguing on whether Aditya should take the risk or not


“Don’t worry; I’ll be on the wireless terminal all the time.” Manish said in an assuring tone. “All you have to do is transmit the data. The rest will be taken care of.”


“Why can’t I go in there? Even I can do the job!”


“No Komal, the job is very tricky! Only I have a fighting chance to finish it before the time runs out!!”

And so there Aditya was! In the middle of the night, standing outside the British council Building. His only link to the “safer world” was a Bluetooth headset through which he was in call with Manish.


“O.K here we go!” An eerie voice spoke from the headset & Aditya approached the Security Guard.


The Security Guard was certainly not prepared to see a well suited person at that time with a briefcase full of stuffs!


“Excuse Me!”


“Yes, I would need to go to the server room at once, we’ve been reported an array override status code blue, which we have to check right away!”


“Do you have an ID or something?”

“Well here it is…” Aditya flashed his old ID for a second, “We don’t have time for these stuffs, I would request you to guide me there now!”


“Sorry sir, but I don’t have the authority to let you in at this moment; the council opens 9:00 in the morning. I would request you to come then.”


“O.K listen here, what’s your name? Rakesh, this is not cool, I get a call an hour ago from your network administrator Mr. Bakshi telling me that the server has crashed. I rush to the site and you’re telling me that he didn’t inform you!”


“I received no calls from Mr. Bakshi tonight! I’m afraid I can’t let you in.”


“It’s none of my problem, I’m going to come tomorrow and then file my complaint against you. Don’t tell me if you lose your job then. Goodbye”


Aditya slowly started moving away from the gate.


“Excuse me, sir!”


“Yes?”


“Wait a minute sir, I can call Mr. Bakshi up and ask about it.”

Aditya could hear Manish slipping out slang in his ears,


“Shit! We never considered that!! We are gone! Don’t let him call him now!! Keep him busy for at least another minute.”


“Would that be normal for you to call him now?”


“No, but why did you ask?”


“No you seemed so much worried about what he thinks a minute earlier that I don’t think it’ll be a great idea to call him up now! He must be sleeping!”


“But you said that this is important! Let me do this…”


A chill ran down Aditya’s spine. If he gets caught now, then it’s over! He’ll never get out of this mess!


“O.K. I got it!!” Suddenly Manish spoke through the headset!


“But Let him call using your mobile…”


“Are you crazy?”


“Trust me, do it now!! I’m disconnecting”


“Look! Wait! Use my cell to make the call.”


“And how it’s going to help me?”


“Well he called me up, and so if I call him then it’ll be normal. Moreover if he doesn’t respond to the call then tomorrow you even won’t get the chance to explain him!”


The security guard thought for a while


“O.K.”


Aditya didn’t have the slightest idea how Manish would be able to pull it. He only got prepared for his last resort. (That was : Punch him on the face, take his phone back and run as fast as he can.)


“It’s ringing…”


“Good”


“I don’t know whether he would pick up your call too cause he… Hello! Sir I am Rakesh, The security guard at the council…


Sir did you send a professional to fix the server?


Alright!


Yes,


Don’t worry sir; I’ll take care of him!!”

Aditya was ready to hit him hard, although that wouldn’t be of any help since he would probably identify him anyway!!


“Sir please follow me”


“Hmm?”


“He has given the clearance. I’m sorry but I have to verify it. Here’s your phone.”


Aditya was awestruck! How did this happen? Aditya fumbled to put his cell back in his pocket, just then he received a call!


“How was it?”


“How did you do that?”


“Don’t have time to explain all of that, but it was Komal’s idea.”


“I still couldn’t…… how?”


“We’ll discuss it later, but right now I need you to start transmitting the data!”


“It’s alright I am going in the server room now!”


Aditya entered his logon in the server, it worked! Mr. Bakshi wouldn’t have thought that Aditya would ever be able to reach there! So he left his logon account!


“Big Mistake!” Aditya murmured.


“Manish, I am starting to transmit the data now!”

Comments

Anonymous said…
Umm......quite interesting. I hope you have got an explanation ready for the magical transformation of call by Manish.
Anonymous said…
Nice Move Buddy But How Did The Phone thing Worked?
Arc said…
Wait till the next Post!

Popular posts from this blog

Train Encounter(Chap-10)

Train Encounter Chapter-10 Epilogue "Truth is stranger than fiction" I've heard this many a times from many of my friends, but never got a chance to verify it. This July (I mean july2006) when I was on my way back to my college in Nagpur, I was struck for 6 hours at Tatanagar station, I didn't have the slightest idea that I'll get to face one of my life's most interesting moments. Yes, dear reader!! What you just got through last 9 chapters actually happened to be my fellow co-passenger!! I came to know about her problems when I had started chatting with her when I knew that she too was going in the same train. She didn't want to tell this "weird" incident to me at first, thinking that I won't believe her, but then told at last. I was awestruck when she told me that the person was going to meet her that very day!! Well anyone can guess what amazement did I pass when the person turned out to be her Boyfriend!! I just asked them if I could wr

Close Apart (Chap-3)

Close Apart Chapter-3 “Lamb Delight” “Lamb Delight!! Wow, that was some order!” recalled Aditya. Actually, it was about a few months earlier that Manish, a colleague of Aditya tried to hook him up with a girl named Suneeta, who, Manish claimed was one of his girlfriend’s friend. So! On the preplanned Saturday night, Aditya came to this very place and met her. “She was gorgeous!” was Aditya’s first reaction and after a very short stretch of time Aditya started liking everything about her. And when Aditya knew that she was a little bit interested about computer softwares, then it made feel like: “look! Didn’t I tell you earlier? Gorgeous girls like softwares!!” Aditya had this (Well, used to have) symptom of being completely speechless near girls. So he tried to make his order speak of his feelings and he ordered a couple of “Lamb Delights!” Just after the waiter left, Suneeta turned to him and said “Do you know what they have in these?” Aditya was thinking to ask about what she was ref