Skip to main content

Close Apart(Chapter-23)

Close Apart
Chapter-23
“New Beginning”
It was a fine evening; Aditya & Komal were in the same old spot which they’ve chosen quite a number of times now in quick successions. Having bites from their favorite cakes. When suddenly this topic came up.
“Aditya!”

“mm hm…”

“Where are you?”

“Right here! In front of you! Why did you ask?”

“You seemed lost…”

“Yeah you guessed right, nothing important, past stuff.”

“Thinking about Amrita, aren’t you?”

Aditya’s sigh gave Komal the answer she was looking for.

“Do you know Aditya, why I often ask you to meet here instead of Pizza Hut?”

“Why?”

“Because that was the place where it all started, because that place is full of her memories. And I thought that may be changing the surroundings may help you to recover fast. Come-on Aditya, for how long will you bear this pain within you?”
“Komal, tell me that even you’ve believed that she’s dead.”

“You tell me Aditya, you enquired in each and every recovery camps, you even went down there, searched all the hospitals. It’s been three months since then, everyone else have returned to their lives. If Amrita was alive then she would’ve been here… with you.”

Komal’s voice was cracking as she spoke these words, for a long time everyone had realized that Amrita was no more. Only no one had put this near Aditya. Komal hated to be the person who had to do this.
“Listen to me Aditya. Just think of it. Wherever she is now, she would be thinking about you. Would you think that she would be happy to see you like this? Giving yourself punishment for an event that you’re not responsible for. When would you start living your own life?”

“Komal, I know you’re right. But I guess my heart hasn’t understood it yet. These scars will take a little more time to heal…”

“Aditya, I will help you to heal up. No matter how long it takes, I’ll always be there to help you start your life once again… just promise me that you’ll try and won’t let that faint glow of die which is still burning in your heart.”

Komal left her chair to go near Aditya and gave him a soft kiss on his cheek. Those words were loud enough to declare her love for him.



Ambiance Track
Patience- Take That



Comments

Anonymous said…
Lisen....i cudnt go thru the entire stuff as it was too long....but i guess it was good(as was revealed from the prologue)....keep going bro!!!!u r on the right track....
Arc said…
Thanx But Do try to read at least 1 story for me ! I'm sure U'll love it!!
Ice.Fire said…
wow... I have finally had time to read it all now. Im finally up to date. sorry for the delay. Went to East Asia for some relaxation. Hope your well.. and keep up the excellent work :-)
Ice.Fire said…
Im back. x

Popular posts from this blog

Train Encounter(Chap-10)

Train Encounter Chapter-10 Epilogue "Truth is stranger than fiction" I've heard this many a times from many of my friends, but never got a chance to verify it. This July (I mean july2006) when I was on my way back to my college in Nagpur, I was struck for 6 hours at Tatanagar station, I didn't have the slightest idea that I'll get to face one of my life's most interesting moments. Yes, dear reader!! What you just got through last 9 chapters actually happened to be my fellow co-passenger!! I came to know about her problems when I had started chatting with her when I knew that she too was going in the same train. She didn't want to tell this "weird" incident to me at first, thinking that I won't believe her, but then told at last. I was awestruck when she told me that the person was going to meet her that very day!! Well anyone can guess what amazement did I pass when the person turned out to be her Boyfriend!! I just asked them if I could wr

Close Apart (Chap-3)

Close Apart Chapter-3 “Lamb Delight” “Lamb Delight!! Wow, that was some order!” recalled Aditya. Actually, it was about a few months earlier that Manish, a colleague of Aditya tried to hook him up with a girl named Suneeta, who, Manish claimed was one of his girlfriend’s friend. So! On the preplanned Saturday night, Aditya came to this very place and met her. “She was gorgeous!” was Aditya’s first reaction and after a very short stretch of time Aditya started liking everything about her. And when Aditya knew that she was a little bit interested about computer softwares, then it made feel like: “look! Didn’t I tell you earlier? Gorgeous girls like softwares!!” Aditya had this (Well, used to have) symptom of being completely speechless near girls. So he tried to make his order speak of his feelings and he ordered a couple of “Lamb Delights!” Just after the waiter left, Suneeta turned to him and said “Do you know what they have in these?” Aditya was thinking to ask about what she was ref