Skip to main content

Close Apart(Chapter-22)

Close Apart

Chapter-22

“Moment of truth”

“Only one question… how?”


Aditya said only these words as he took his seat in the van.


“This could only be an act of God!” was Komal’s reply.


Aditya tried hard to solve the riddle but he failed to come up with any answers. But then, Aditya was always a little weak in riddles.


“Remember? There was a time when God called you…”


“Yes! I do remember… is that??... But…”


Manish came into the rescue


“Let me explain. The time when I heard that the security guard was going to call Mr. Bakshi, I quickly analyzed the voice extract that Komal recorded in her recorder the day when she was taking his interview, from that I prepared a duplicate voice track which would imitate exactly Mr. Bakshi’s voice, though some flaws were there, but I was sure that it won’t matter over a phone line. But the main problem was how to insert this voice over the phone line that the guard will use! The trick includes hacking phone lines and would have taken a long time. This was the place where Komal gave me a brilliant idea; she said to make the guard to call Mr. Bakshi from your cell phone.”


“So you hacked my cell phone and transmitted digital signals to route? That’s even tougher!!”


“No, Aditya! This plan was even simpler, tell me one thing, if I tell you to call some one from my cell phone, what would you do?”


“I will search for the name in the contact list and make the call.”


“Exactly! Weird but that’s the truth, that we don’t even notice the number we are calling when we call from the contact list!! So all I had to do was just change the name of my number to Mr. Bakshi. And that was a piece of a cake since your mobile was connected to my laptop! ”


“So he called you!!” Aditya was surprised beyond his imaginations!


“I am calling you now! From my cell phone and yet your cell phone will display ‘Mr. Bakshi’ calling. Got the point?”


“And that’s how you once received a call from God! I guess you remember that now!” Komal was silent all this time.


“Komal, I would never be able to thank you for the thing you just did! You are my savior!”


“I would appreciate if you never ever plan to thank me again!”

Aditya took her hand, and held it tightly.


“I promise!”

****************************************************


Next morning they all gathered in Mr. Arora’s office, explained everything to him. And without wasting anymore time they went to Mr. Malhotra’s office.


Mr. Malhotra was in a meeting that time, but when he received the message that the team from Soft tech was there to discuss something important, he called the meeting off and asked them to meet him at once.


“I guess the court hearing is next week, so what do you all want?”


Mr. Arora had waited so long for this day…


“Mr. Malhotra, we were never afraid to go to the court, but we do have something which I thought you would like to see first!”


Mr. Arora handed over the Data sheet to Mr. Malhotra.


“What’s this?”


“You’ll have the full idea when you’ve read it all!”


As Mr. Malhotra went on reading and interpreting the data sheet, the stress in the room grew more… when he was done reading; he switched on his intercom to call up Mr. Bakshi.


“Sir, I just checked in the server this morning and you won’t believe what I ……” Mr. Bakshi made a storming entry in the office but was shocked to see Aditya and others waiting there for him.


“Mr. Arora has got here a datasheet, which says that you manipulated the server configuration to leak out valuable data to your associates, is that true?” Mr. Malhotra was not in one of his best moods.


“These are all crap!! This man breached into my server room last night and changed everything on his side!”


“If that’s true then I would dare you to backup check the server right now! I’m sure that they’ll show the exact same result that we’ve given to your boss, and it’ll also show that there was no data modification last night!” Aditya sprang up from his chair.


“Aditya, control yourself!!” Mr. Arora was quick.


“Even I insist to check the server for your record.” He added in style.

After the check was done, there was nothing more to be said, Mr. Malhotra requested to keep this matter between them only, but he also added that they will charge Mr. Bakshi with serious fraud case. The Bottom line was, all the charges against Aditya were taken back (Including the latest charge to break into the council unauthorized!)


On their way back, when Aditya was thinking something while relaxing in the back seat, Mr. Arora gave him a paper.


“Oh, here’s your joining paper! Welcome back to work!”


“Thank you, sir!”


“Well if you want to thank someone then thank God!” Komal was right on!


“I wish to know how I can ever thank God! I am so puzzled!”


“Well in that case you might be interested to retrace your steps to the same place where you first met God…”


“Yeah, even I was thinking that today evening might be a good time for my spiritual meeting!”


And so as dating was fixed between Komal & Aditya the car went on to drop Aditya to his new life, where a fresh start was waiting for him…

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is this the end? A happy ending, and they lived blissfully ever after, etc. etc,? Or do you have something more in store for us? Particularly Aditya's first girlfriend should now jump back into the fray and make life hell for the poor chap. This far we have kept our fingers crossed, and are awaiting the next turn of events.
Arc said…
Of course not!! This is not the end! There's lot more twists n' turns waitin to jolt in... hang on
Anonymous said…
This chapter was giving out too much information, ur literary part was missing... get a grab on ur skills buddy!!

Popular posts from this blog

Train Encounter(Chap-10)

Train Encounter Chapter-10 Epilogue "Truth is stranger than fiction" I've heard this many a times from many of my friends, but never got a chance to verify it. This July (I mean july2006) when I was on my way back to my college in Nagpur, I was struck for 6 hours at Tatanagar station, I didn't have the slightest idea that I'll get to face one of my life's most interesting moments. Yes, dear reader!! What you just got through last 9 chapters actually happened to be my fellow co-passenger!! I came to know about her problems when I had started chatting with her when I knew that she too was going in the same train. She didn't want to tell this "weird" incident to me at first, thinking that I won't believe her, but then told at last. I was awestruck when she told me that the person was going to meet her that very day!! Well anyone can guess what amazement did I pass when the person turned out to be her Boyfriend!! I just asked them if I could wr

Close Apart (Chap-3)

Close Apart Chapter-3 “Lamb Delight” “Lamb Delight!! Wow, that was some order!” recalled Aditya. Actually, it was about a few months earlier that Manish, a colleague of Aditya tried to hook him up with a girl named Suneeta, who, Manish claimed was one of his girlfriend’s friend. So! On the preplanned Saturday night, Aditya came to this very place and met her. “She was gorgeous!” was Aditya’s first reaction and after a very short stretch of time Aditya started liking everything about her. And when Aditya knew that she was a little bit interested about computer softwares, then it made feel like: “look! Didn’t I tell you earlier? Gorgeous girls like softwares!!” Aditya had this (Well, used to have) symptom of being completely speechless near girls. So he tried to make his order speak of his feelings and he ordered a couple of “Lamb Delights!” Just after the waiter left, Suneeta turned to him and said “Do you know what they have in these?” Aditya was thinking to ask about what she was ref