Skip to main content

Close Apart (Chapter-10)

Close Apart
Chapter – 10
“Just Another Day
(Without the One You Love)”

Aditya was supposed to spend somewhat seven days without Amrita, but already on his day three, he felt like that he couldn’t handle this anymore.

“The Reliance customer you are trying to call is busy, please try calling later.”
And then she went on saying this crap in many different languages, but they all meant the same…
Aditya was struck in his life with no clue of his wellbeing whatsoever!!

Aditya dialed again, this time it rang!!

“Hey sweetie! What’s up?” Amrita said over the phone.

“Wow! Amazing!”

“What’s Amazing?” enquired Amrita

“It’s just that hearing your voice brings a smile on my face!”

“Just a sec! I guess I’ve heard this in some movie…”

“Oh come-on, don’t you get the feeling behind those words?”

“Yes I got!! Now my dear, could we conclude? I’m on roaming and I don’t want to answer stupidly when mom asks me whom I am speaking to…”

“You haven’t told her about me?? About Us?”
“Not so early stupid! I am looking for the perfect time to bring this matter to her concern. Don’t you trust me? You love me a lot, right?”

“Well let me think! Yeah, a lot!”

“How much?”

“A million…”

“Only a million!”

“Divided by a cute Zero!”

“So our love doesn’t exist…”

“Just the opposite, it’s infinite…”

“Look Aditya, I really need to hang up now. Bye, Take care!”

Aditya again tried to concentrate on his work. But fate had something else in his plan.Manish entered Aditya’s cabin,

“Mom called last night…” Manish sounded a little off-track.

“So?”

“Your mom, called last night.”

“Come again!”

“You heard it…”

“No I mean why would she call you?”

“Because you won't listen to her!”

“Please, don’t puzzle me. Tell me what’s it all about?”

“Look Aditya, you will have to settle in life someday. You can’t go on leaving all alone! You won’t date anyone, won’t even let your mom find someone for you, and you even not take help of your friends! Why are you laughing? Am I telling a joke?”

“Chill out buddy! Relax! I was…”

“NO you listen. I know this really great girl, she’s my fiancé’s friend, and you meet her to tell me…”

“Listen up! I don’t need this!”

“Why?”

“Because I’ve found someone!”

“Is it?”

“Yep!”

“And you’re in love.”

“Right…”

“And she’s the one.”

“Absolutely”

“And she’s right now out of station.”

“How the hell did you know that!!?”

“Because that’s what you said me last time I asked you out for a date… I mean with a girl.”

“But this time its true!”

“I don’t believe you!”

“But Manish!”

“Not till I meet her…”

“But she’s…”

“Aha! No way!”

“O.K.”

“O.K. What?”

“You’ll meet her.”

“When?”

“Next Week.”

“Tomorrow!”

“The day after…”

“Deal!”

“Hey! Wait!! It just slipped out of my tongue!!”

“A promise’s a promise buddy!”

“Listen!!”

“You show me your girl, or you go for a date with my girl…”And Manish swayed away to his cabin.

“I’ll surely date your girl…Get married first!!” Aditya shouted.

But where’s he going to find Amrita? So soon!!

Comments

Ice.Fire said…
hey its going good...is he gna get kamal to act like his girl?

thanks 4 ur comments....misty is a nickname given to me by close friends...
Anonymous said…
now some suspense is gathering up. ice.fire has made a good guess, but it constricts your options. well, we are waiting......
Ice.Fire said…
hey...waiting for u 2 update.
x

Popular posts from this blog

Train Encounter(Chap-10)

Train Encounter Chapter-10 Epilogue "Truth is stranger than fiction" I've heard this many a times from many of my friends, but never got a chance to verify it. This July (I mean july2006) when I was on my way back to my college in Nagpur, I was struck for 6 hours at Tatanagar station, I didn't have the slightest idea that I'll get to face one of my life's most interesting moments. Yes, dear reader!! What you just got through last 9 chapters actually happened to be my fellow co-passenger!! I came to know about her problems when I had started chatting with her when I knew that she too was going in the same train. She didn't want to tell this "weird" incident to me at first, thinking that I won't believe her, but then told at last. I was awestruck when she told me that the person was going to meet her that very day!! Well anyone can guess what amazement did I pass when the person turned out to be her Boyfriend!! I just asked them if I could wr

Close Apart (Chap-3)

Close Apart Chapter-3 “Lamb Delight” “Lamb Delight!! Wow, that was some order!” recalled Aditya. Actually, it was about a few months earlier that Manish, a colleague of Aditya tried to hook him up with a girl named Suneeta, who, Manish claimed was one of his girlfriend’s friend. So! On the preplanned Saturday night, Aditya came to this very place and met her. “She was gorgeous!” was Aditya’s first reaction and after a very short stretch of time Aditya started liking everything about her. And when Aditya knew that she was a little bit interested about computer softwares, then it made feel like: “look! Didn’t I tell you earlier? Gorgeous girls like softwares!!” Aditya had this (Well, used to have) symptom of being completely speechless near girls. So he tried to make his order speak of his feelings and he ordered a couple of “Lamb Delights!” Just after the waiter left, Suneeta turned to him and said “Do you know what they have in these?” Aditya was thinking to ask about what she was ref