Skip to main content

Close Apart (Chapter-35)

Close Apart

Chapter-35

“The 1st Anniversary!”

“One year ago! On this very day, I shed my bachelor skin & have been a faithful husband ever since!” Amongst claps and whistle Aditya stepped down from the table which he had temporarily made into a podium stage!! “And today we celebrate our 1st Anniversary!”

A plush flat overlooking the busy Park Street, a small crowd of old friends, Aditya had always dreamt of this life, and finally he is living it!

Manish was holding his peg up in the air indicating that his peg was finished.

“Can I have a refill on this?” He said.

“Only if your wife doesn’t have an objection!” Amrita matched up his voice!

Rohini, Manish’s girlfriend turned wife had several of them! (I meant objections of course!)

“You’ve already had seven such refills!!” she complained

“So What! It’s you who’s going to drive!” Argued Manish.

Aside this fight, Aditya came down near where Amrita was sitting, “Thank you for everything!”

“You are welcome dear!” replied Amrita.

“You know! A year ago, I was really confused if I was doing the right thing or not, but now I see it! This is right. This feels so right! And it’s all because of you! You’ve shaped my life time and again!” Aditya was getting emotional.

“Love always shows the way! There’s nothing I did. You’ve changed my life equally as well! And thank you for that! The love you gave me was all that I needed! Knowing that only a part of that is enough for my whole life! And see where we are now today.” Amrita’s eyes were wet.

“Do you remember? The day you proposed me at the station, what did you say? You said that you want to have the right to be the one…”

“To see you off every time you leave!” Aditya completed Amrita’s line.

“Well guess what! You will have to stick to your words! The train is tomorrow.”

“Why you’ve to leave so soon! Stay here for a couple more days!” said Aditya.

“No Aditya! I have to go. My mother needs me there. And I have to start all over again; will have to rise from the ashes of the devastation like a phoenix. This weekend was the only thing that I needed. To see you two together, it’s a life altering thing for me. Hoping that I could also stumble upon such true love!” said Amrita, now in quiet tears.

Aditya hugged her, “you will dear! Just as we’ve found each other, you too will find your love!” he said.

Amrita felt another hand on her shoulder, “You know? You are an angel! Uniting us like you did, its things like that which distinguishes pure souls from the rest of people! A soul so good is always in presence of love! It’s just matter of time when your love finds you!” Komal said as she hugged her too!

“Now don’t make me all emotional and weepy!” Manish was heard from the back!

Amrita wiped her tears and said “Right! We don’t want to ruin this lovely evening! Who’s in for some fish tacos?”

“I am! I am!” all responded!

Amrita went in the kitchen, leaving Komal alone with Aditya.

Komal kissed Aditya and whispered to his ears, “I missed you!”

Aditya held her in his arms tightly; Amrita had given his love back to him a year ago! She went to Komal’s place and convinced her to marry him the next day. She knew that he would get angry if she had told him about the switch she intended!

She had said “It’s true that I taught you how to fall in love! But your true love is Komal. It’s your destiny”

Now he knew, she was right! Komal completed him; life wouldn’t have been this way without her!

Aditya brought her close to him and whispered back in her ears…

“I missed you too!!”

Comments

Charlotte said…
I Didn't expect such ending! I have been waiting so long for this chapter and I am speechless by its outcome!!

Popular posts from this blog

Train Encounter(Chap-10)

Train Encounter Chapter-10 Epilogue "Truth is stranger than fiction" I've heard this many a times from many of my friends, but never got a chance to verify it. This July (I mean july2006) when I was on my way back to my college in Nagpur, I was struck for 6 hours at Tatanagar station, I didn't have the slightest idea that I'll get to face one of my life's most interesting moments. Yes, dear reader!! What you just got through last 9 chapters actually happened to be my fellow co-passenger!! I came to know about her problems when I had started chatting with her when I knew that she too was going in the same train. She didn't want to tell this "weird" incident to me at first, thinking that I won't believe her, but then told at last. I was awestruck when she told me that the person was going to meet her that very day!! Well anyone can guess what amazement did I pass when the person turned out to be her Boyfriend!! I just asked them if I could wr

Close Apart (Chap-3)

Close Apart Chapter-3 “Lamb Delight” “Lamb Delight!! Wow, that was some order!” recalled Aditya. Actually, it was about a few months earlier that Manish, a colleague of Aditya tried to hook him up with a girl named Suneeta, who, Manish claimed was one of his girlfriend’s friend. So! On the preplanned Saturday night, Aditya came to this very place and met her. “She was gorgeous!” was Aditya’s first reaction and after a very short stretch of time Aditya started liking everything about her. And when Aditya knew that she was a little bit interested about computer softwares, then it made feel like: “look! Didn’t I tell you earlier? Gorgeous girls like softwares!!” Aditya had this (Well, used to have) symptom of being completely speechless near girls. So he tried to make his order speak of his feelings and he ordered a couple of “Lamb Delights!” Just after the waiter left, Suneeta turned to him and said “Do you know what they have in these?” Aditya was thinking to ask about what she was ref